Here are the UPSC Prelims Topic Wise Question Papers listed. The papers are in PDF format and it is available for download for free.
According to UPSC Exam pattern 2018, Preliminary Examination consists of two papers of objective type questions and each carry 200 marks. The prelims serve as a screening test only and the marks obtained will not be counted for declaring the final order of merit.
Prelims syllabus for paper 1 (200 marks)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
Prelims syllabus for paper 2 (200 marks)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision-making and problem-solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
Features of the preliminary examination:
- There is a provision for the negative marking, it will be equal to 1/4th of mark allotted to a correct answer.
- The questions will be set both in Hindi and English languages.
- Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary Examination in the year will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination of that year provided they are otherwise eligible for admission to the Main Examination.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
- The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about twelve to thirteen times the total an approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year for various Services and Posts.
Bookmark this page as we will update this post with more and more question papers regularly.
If you like this post, please comment your views. If you need any suggestions or criticisms, please feel free to ask us, we are here to help you.