The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in its latest job notification has announced vacancies for Translator (Sinhalese) and Divisional Medical Officer (General Medicine) posts. Interested and eligible candidates must apply for the posts before March 1, 2018, on the official UPSC website.
Candidates are requested to apply only Online against this advertisement on the Online Recruitment Application (ORA) website– upsconline.nic.in and not write to the Commission for Application forms. They are also requested to carefully go through the details of posts and instructions published below as well as on the website– upsconline.nic.in. Before applying the candidates must know the duties to be performed for various posts. Here are the details relating to the vacancies:-
1. Translator (Sinhalese)
- Ministry/Administration: Ministry of Defence
- Department: Department of Defence
- Organisation: Signal Intelligence Directorate Integrated Defence Staff Headquarters
- No of Posts: 1 (UR)
- Pay Scale: Level 10 in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC
- Age: Not exceeding 35 years as on normal closing date for UR Candidate, Relaxable for regularly appointed Central/U.T. Government Servant up to Five years as per instruction/orders issued by Govt. of India from time to time. For age concession applicable to some other categories of applicants, please see relevant paras of the ‘Instructions and Additional Information to Candidates for Recruitment by Selection.
- Educational Qualification: (a) Bachelor’s degree in the Foreign Language concerned (SINHALESE) with English as a compulsory or elective subject at degree level from a recognized University.
Bachelor’s degree with English as a compulsory or elective subject from a recognized University and
(b) Diploma in foreign language concerned (SINHALESE) with interpretership or translation standard from a University or Institute recognized by Government of India.
- 1. Translation into English of intercepted traffic, recorded tapes and printed material. Perusal and checking of translation work of unit translators.
2. Translation of materials received from Military Intelligence Directorate and other sources,
3. Preparation of training exercises for languages trained personnel.
4. Maintenance of foreign language publication, collation of intelligence information and other allied jobs
2. Divisional Medical Officer (General Medicine)
- Ministry/Administration: Ministry of Railways
- Department: Medical
- Organisation: Indian Railway
- No of Posts: 32 (UR: 16, OBC: 9, SC:5, ST:2, PH:1)
- Pay Scale: Level 11 of Pay Matrix of Railway Service (Revised Pay) Rules 2016 (Pre-revised PB-3, Rs.15,600-39,100/- with Grade Pay of Rs. 6600/-) plus Non-Practicing Allowance as admissible under the rules.
- Age: Not exceeding 35 years on the normal closing date. Not exceeding 40 years for SC/ST candidates and 38 years for OBC candidates on the normal closing date, in respect of posts reserved for them. (Relaxable for Govt. servants by 5 years in accordance with instructions issued by the Central Govt.)For age concession applicable to some other categories of applicants, please see relevant paras of the ‘Instructions and Additional Information to Candidates for Recruitment by Selection.
- Educational Qualification: (i) A recognized Medical qualification included in the First or Second Schedule or Part II of the Third Schedule (other than licentiate qualifications) to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. Holders of Educational qualifications included in Part II of the Third Schedule should also fulfill the conditions stipulated in sub-section 13 (3) of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
ii) Post- Graduate Degree in the concerned specialty mentioned in schedule II or equivalent, i.e. MD (General)/MD (General Medicine)/MD (Medicine and Therapeutics)/MRCP/Speciality Board of Internal Medicine (USA).
- Experience: One year’s experience in the concerned specialty after obtaining the Postgraduate degree.
- Duties: Independently manage the concerned clinic specialty in all aspects including diagnosis, treatment, and follow-up, conduct research, academic and development activities. Perform Administrative activities related to the specialty. Any other job assigned by the Administration.